Employee policy and procedures manuals are used for many purposes. They come in many shapes and sizes.
Employee policy manuals go by a variety of names. Here are a few:
- Organizational Policy Manual.
- Departmental Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Operating Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Employee Manual (Handbook).
- Employment Manual.
- Human Resources Policy Manual.
Their primary function is employee education and good governance. Unfortunately, they often miss the mark because they’re poorly written, disorganized, or not well maintained. Sometimes they don’t even distinguish between “policy” and “procedure.” Continue reading Writing Employee Policies and Procedures