To make your blog worth the effort, and ensure its success, here are some basic enterprise blogging best practices to guide you:
- Understand your audience. Know what they’re looking for.
- Deliver original ideas and information they can really use, not a recycled version of what they can easily find elsewhere.
- Ensure your blog entries are well written, and hire a good editor or writer to assist if these are not skill sets you or your team have. Don’t deliver bland, yawn-inducing, or rambling content.
- Understand your purpose. Limit what you want to accomplish with your blog. Don’t try to be all things to all people.
- Stay focused on your purpose and your audience in choosing your topics. Your readers will come back again and again if they know they’re likely to find useful ideas written in an honest voice. This consistency generates loyalty and trust, and perceived authority. It also leads to expanded readership.
- Deliver original ideas and exceptional content that have value to your intended audience. Aim to mentor and help the audience, don’t come across as a sales pitch.
- Ensure that your blog interface permits readers to submit comments and view comments made by others in real time. This renders the blog far more dynamic, generates useful feedback, and improves SEO rankings.
How are Business Blogs Best Presented?
Unfortunately, many businesses that could blog don’t, and many businesses that do produce a corporate or business blog don’t maximize their utility, or they leave readers struggling.
The trick is to present information in a way that keeps readers reading, instead of boring them instantly, or scaring them away. Highly relevant content is one essential part of the task. The other is presentation, visual appeal, and user-friendliness. You don’t want your blog to sound like a sales pitch, and you don’t want to sound too informal either. You want it to read professionally and deliver business credibility.
With the right layout and design, critical information can be transformed into a high value business tool. A good blog writer masters layout techniques, and never presents a dull blog post.
To be useful, your business blog must also be accessible. Staging the landing page for your blog can be critical — does it offer enough of a glimpse to make the sale?